The mission of the Society for Online Music Education is to provide professional training opportunities and mentorship for music educators to facilitate the teaching and learning of music online, and to create ubiquitous musical opportunities for learners around the globe.
Each year the Society hosts an online conference that provides a virtual professional development opportunity for music education on a global scale.
The International Music Education Summit was established in 2017 as the world’s largest live online professional music educator conference. This year, IMES offers more than 85 workshops taught be more than 70 experts in music education hailing from 5 continents!
For 3-days in June, music educators are glued to their screens, connecting to practical and applicable professional development and each other.
- Watch from home, wherever you are in the world
- Contact with some of the finest Music Education trainers from around the Globe
- Professional Development Completion Certificate
- Experience cutting-edge topics, clinics, and workshops, alongside practical learning you can use in your classroom tomorrow
What can you expect to experience at IMES?
With this premier conference, you can virtually attend wherever you are in the world. World-Class Presenters will educate, motivate, and inspire. The sessions, workshops and clinics are practical and apply to every K-12 music educator, regardless of discipline. In addition to the session are live streamed performances to entertain and inspire. Missed a session? Not a problem! You have access to on demand viewing of all sessions for at least 1 year at no additional charge. Each attendee receives a complimentary certificate of professional development hours, as well as Free SWAG from our presenters, sponsors, and partners valued at far more than your registration fee!
As for me, I personally look forward to is networking with other attendees from around the world in our Private Facebook Group.
A particular session of note is “Narrowing The Achievement Gap” and will take place on June 11th at 4:30pm MDT. Presented by Jake Douglass of Practicing Musician, the session guides teachers through three conditions to narrow the gap:
- First: the class must have a sufficient budget for all students to participate with comparable quality equipment.
- Second: world-class supplemental music instruction must be free.
- Third: the medium with which the instruction is delivered must be ubiquitous.
The Society is pleased to offer this world-class event to you in our commitment to bringing music education to the world. Take advantage of a special discount for Practicing Musician members! Use Promo Code PM20FOR2020. For information and registration: https://musiceducationsummit.org/